Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gritty Beer

I have under-represented Gritty McDuff beer on this blog, and, for that matter, in my beer sampling. I'm going to fix that over the coming week.

Loyal reader Jeff has offered up Gritty's Best Bitter as a potential for the Portland's Best Session beer category. This recommendadtion--from a highly credible source--merits investigation. I did have an opportunity to sample the Gritty Scottish Ale (I liked it) and the Gritty Pub Style (I thought it was crap) and both beg for further sampling.

This (beer sampling and reporting) is tough duty, but someone has to do it.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Just want to clarify that I think there may be a significant number of people who would nominate Gritty's Best Bitter or even the Pub Style, I'm not one of them. It would take a seismic shift for me to decide that anything local outdoes Geary's Pale for session drinking.