Tuesday, January 8, 2008

An Early Locavore Challenge



And a potential solution.

I have a road trip! Specifically, I have a business trip to Rye, New York. What are my eligible (brewed within 100 miles) beers in Rye?

There's a great tool on one of the internets that I'll use to solve this problem. A possible carrot: the beers of Ommegang! These delicious Belgian-style beers are brewed in Cooperstown, NY. Is Cooperstown within 100 miles of Rye? I can check
beermapping.com!

In other news, I was in a local tavern recently and one of my fellow patrons referred to me as "Mitt Romney", the Mormon Masshole running for president. I drank some more beer and pointed out some differences between Mitt and me. Among them, our respective panties. Can distinguish my underwear from that which is modeled by Mitt, in the photos on this post?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I think you're on the right.

Pete said...

Well, I generally lean left, but in this case I'm more of a middle of the roader.