Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dubbeling Down



This is a really nice beer from my friends at Allagash. I am sipping and blogging. It's malty and, well....malty. But the finish is surprisingly (a pleasant surprise) clean and neat and crisp.

Actually, there's nothing too surprising about this beer since I have drunk it many times. I have always enjoyed it.

From here I'll continue the Belgian trend with a walk down the hill to Duckfat where I'll violate my main food rule (more of a guideline, obviously) and have some frites. The food rule is: never eat anything deepfried. At Duckfat I believe I'll be stuck with a beer downgrade since they don't have a locavore offering as nice as the Dubbel. I guess I better fortify myself by sipping a second Dubbel before I go. Actually, my guess is that it'll be closer to gulping than sipping but I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

No comments: