Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick Updates

This brilliant post captures the current draft options at Novare Res. It also helps explain why Beer, Maine & Me is higher rated than Beer Locavore.

I stopped in Happy Teriyaki for a quasi-Japanese meal the other day. I was thirsty and held my breath as the waitress recited the beer list. After she'd gone through the A-B product offerings, she mentioned Shipyard Export. I latched on to it. Under the circumstances I was grateful. It was good, as was the food, although it was not particularly authentic. I'll go back.

Speaking of Japanese food, Benkay has some wonderful lunch options, including a rotating bento box lunch that contains almost more food than I can eat, for eight bucks. Benkay is flawed by the lack of a local beer choice, however. I am forced to drink sake'.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Arigato, Maeda-san. I did look at your blog but sadly I cannot read nihongo. Do you have nice photos of Japanese foods? Do you have a favorite ramen shop?

Domo, Pete

Jeff said...

Looks like Novare Res has a completely different set of guidelines from Beer Locavore: they want to bring in something no one else is offering around here. You're lucky they offer anything locavore compliant at all. Here's hoping that you get some company this summer that you feel compelled to take out for a special evening, yada, yada, yada... creating an excuse to sample something from away there.
My foreign language skills are pretty poor, but I don't understand why anyone would name a beer
Unibroue Maudite (PQ), 'cause that sounds like "sad unibrow" to me. What kind of target demographic is that?
Speaking of foreign stuff from away, we have a new Scandanavian food store in the Deering area. I wonder if Danish Dame knows about it? Shops there? I haven't been in yet but am now doubly motivated to check it out.
Harking back to an even earlier posting, I'm a little disappointed that you picture a Geary's Summer bottle in you Summer Slam, though at least you didn't denigrate the beverage. I think it's a terrific drink, and consider it reason to celebrate with a few pints when it reappears in taps around town.