Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Traveling Violations


I was on the road again last week, and I fell out of locavore. I will report and await my punishment. First, a triumph of sorts, however. The highly regarded and award-winning Beer Haiku Daily selected my passing of the beer season lament as the May 28 daily haiku. You can read it here.

I was in Clark, New Jersey and opted for Brooklyn lager to wash down my pizza. Unfortunately, Brooklyn seems to be brewed in Utica, if one trusts the fine print.

On the weekend, I searched for ramen, and found two decent shops: Minca, in the East Village; and Ippudo, near Astor Place. I drank Japanese beer at both spots. In the West Village, I went to a nice little izakaya called Rockmeisha. There I drank Japanese beer but could not resist the temptation of their strange non-Japanese offering, Frank Zappa Lumpy Gravy, a malty Brown Ale from Lagunitas.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hold on there, Locaventurer!
You have to at least review the Lumpy Gravy, and probably the rest of the beers. A liberal judge might throw out the conviction; you could throw yourself on the mercy of the court. There isn't enough evidence here.
Besides, I really want to know what you thought of the Frank Zappa-labeled beer.

Danish Dame said...

Hvad en smuk haiku. JEG lige en menneskene hvem leger hos ord.