Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two Terrific Beers and Some Terrific News!



Allen Pugsley's Signature Series Barleywine is terrific: an earthy malt bomb that's also fully infused with hops and is, in short, delicious. I recommend it strongly. Barleywine, by the way, is a kind of strong ale--it's brewed with grain and is a beer, not a wine.

Also fabulous is the Peak Organic Espresso Amber Ale. I was only moderately looking forward to trying this because it just didn't sound good to me. But it is! The espresso flavor is strong and vibrant and works really well with the already full-bodied ale. It's unique (at least in my experience) and original and tastes really good Interesting throughout, but crisp enough to be refreshing.

Finally (and this is a brief foray into the weight/size thing so skip this if you already worn out on that topic) I received some great news from my bathroom scale this morning. I'm actually a full pound heavier than when I began the tortuous three beer limit diet imposed by Dietitian Rached . While this may seem on the surface to be bad news it does prove inconclusively that the three beer rule complete and utter folly. I've suffered mightily with the harsh restrictions, am still recovering from a vicious man cold, had the economic setback resulting from the expensive but absolutely necessary purchase of 32 ounce beer steins, and yet actually gained weight. The three beer rule is now officially dead.

No comments: