Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quick Update




It is with a heavy heart that I report that the GLB was out of the Wee Heavy. They didn't even have a wee bit.

So I drank a Big Twitch, and I loved it. It is a great beer. I was in hops heaven. But, sadly, after a couple of sips I noticed my glass was empty.

So I switched from the Twitch to the Fedelta. I found this beer (Fedelta) to be an interesting experience. My first reaction was a bit unfavorable--the beer didn't quite seem done. As in, it'd be better next week or next month. I don't know enough about the brewing process of this particular beer to know if that's true, I only know that my initial reaction was that it needed more work. But then I drank more. The beer is very complex--smooth and a bit sweet, with hints of fruit intertwined amongst the hops and malts. I drank more and tried to figure it all out. I warmed to the beer and the task. I decided I quite liked it. I lifted my glass again and noted with great sadness that my glass was empty.

I was driving. Two of those beers is my limit. I got in the man bug and went home. My heart was a wee bit heavy but my sadness was bouyed by the knowledge that the weekend is only beginning, and I could Twitch again, and try to sort through the complexities of the Fedelta again. And maybe the Wee Heavy would be back, and the heavy would surely lighten my spirits.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Pete...just so you know, they have the Wee Heavy at RSVP on Forest Ave. It's mighty tasty! :-)

-Jason

Pete said...

good tip, thanks. I'll pick some up.