Monday, November 10, 2008

Small Beers




Even Condoleezza Rice and at least one other member of the (thank the gods) lameduck Bush administration seem to be really angry about the trend towards less than full size beers. It may be the only thing they've been right on in the past eight years.

Speaking of the gods, fate took me up the coast over the weekend and I was once again able to sample the marvelous Big Twitch and Cant Dog Ales from Marshall Wharf Brewing. Fate, and the barkeep at Three Tides (the magnificent bar adjacent to MW) allowed me (after an exchange of currency) to depart with a growler each of the stuff as well.

5 comments:

kennhyn said...

u sure he was talking about beer? or complain about someones size?

check my beer blog at http://beerbeer.org

can give some adivse?

Pete said...

Thanks for checking in, Kennhyn. Your blog is great. I love the really big beers.

My guiding principle in beer bloggery is a recommendation that I got from my son: write about the emotional connection with the beer.

kennhyn said...

noted, thanks!!!....cheers!!!

Snoop Dog said...

I checked around with some of the homies in the hood and the general consensus is that your blog is really starting to get bitter and flat. It is time to put this size issue to rest once and for all and get back to the basics of drinking and reviewing good beer.

Pete said...

Yes, I have strayed. Back to beer! I promise.