Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beer Trips


Beer tripping is hard, given the general lack of mass transit in this country. I can't really figure out Ebenezer's, for example. Great place, fabulous beer, but how the fuck do you get home afterwards, given that it's 2 hours drive from anywhere? I guess you go in the summer and pitch a tent. The new Lion's Pride (same ownership) in Brunswick is more accessible and has a couple of cheap hotels just a short walk away. I'm planning a trip there. Hoping to convince the research assistant to come along.

After dropping Sam off at school last weekend, and as a reward for completing 400 of the 450 mile round trip journey, I stopped at the Portsmouth Brewery for a bottle rocket. It's a terrific IPA and the 1 pint tester proved enough of an incentive to buy a growler, finish the drive home, and consume the growler. It was hoppy, and I was happy.

No comments: