Monday, July 27, 2009

Bukowski Falls to 7-2......



....Despite the best efforts of the Maharaja.

Bukowski's, named for the poet and a stone's throw (well, a 15 minute walk) from Fenway on Dalton Street had been undefeated until my last two visits. I should clarify: the Sox had been 7-0 when I had a beer at Bukowski on game day. Bukowski is now riding a two game losing streak after getting beat by Baltimore yesterday. Nonetheless, a couple of warm up Maharajas--the marvelous IIPA from Avery shown here--made for a nice relaxing day at the old ballpark.

I need to find a new pre-game spot and start a new streak.

2 comments:

soybean68 said...

Hey Pete,
Hope you are recovered from Friday night - yikes...

So this is the beer you turned Cath on to - she has not stopped raving about it since the game. Maybe next time you guys should listen to her uncle and skip Bukowski's.
Trace
p.s.

Pete said...

Yes, Soybean, I need to find a new pregame spot.