Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not Sure How It Works




I think the best beer brewed in the state of Maine (best as defined by my taste buds) may be brewed at Marshall Wharf Brewing, in Belfast. I want to drink the Big Twitch and the Cant Dog. Here's the problem, it's available only in the bar next to the brewery (3 Tides), and that bar is a 2 hour drive from Portland. I'd do the drive up, but how would I get home?

On the flip side, the new brew pub in Saco is promising because there's a train there (and back). It's run by the folks who own the Liberal Cup in Hallowell. But it's not brewing beer yet. I hold out hope!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Big Twitch from Marshall Wharf is on tap at the Great Lost Bear right here in Portland. To get this information on a weekly basis sign up for the weekly e-mail newsletter, The Bear's Growl. Send an e-mail to bear@greatlostbear.com and just say "I want the Bear's Growl"
GLB
www.greatlostbear.com

Pete said...

Awesome! Thanks! Unfortunately I have a lot to do so I won't get there to try it until......today!