Sunday, May 4, 2008

Shameless Pandering



It is with disappointment that I report that Beer Locavore is the single lowest rated beer blog in Portland (for details click here). We have an opportunity to do something about that. I ask that you review the other blogs, and, if you feel as I do, that Beer Locavore is at least middle-of-the-pack, send the rating agencies an email at: anestes@portlandfoodmap.com

Don't bash the other blogs, and be sure to compliment Portland Food Map (which is a wonderful resource). But a quick note that includes something like:

"While Locavore occasionally gets bogged down bashing Dubya or the Yankees, his quick hitting beer reviews and recommendations are always spot on".

Or, "Give Lovavore the respect he deserves. The man bleeds Mead and sweats Dubbel. When he's forced to drink a bad beer (Shipyard Summer, for example) those are real tears he's crying".

"His pasty pallor is hard earned as he explores the bad taverns so we don't have to."

You get the picture. Let's make sure Portland Food Map does too.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I just spent some time looking at the Portland Food Map. I think you're viewing your standing the wrong way. You're listed in with blogs by professional writers and professional chefs, and you got a three (good) while some of them got twos or discreet non-ratings. Looking at some of the reviews to try to see what gets a five versus a two, I think you are only lacking in volume and regularity of posting from being up there with "Beer, Maine and Me." Considering all the other elements in your life: work, family, exercise, sports watching, exercise blogging, and the actual beer drinking, you don't have enough time to keep an excellent beer blog; the three is impressive and accurate under the circumstances.

Jeff said...

Back again after some more meandering on the Food map.
Here's another way to look at it: Slainte got a three, so did Benkay and King of the Roll, so did Gilbert's Chowderhouse and Susan's Fish and Chips. So did Tortilla Flat, and so did the Pepperclub, and so did Norm's East End Barbeque.
I could dine and drink for the rest of my life at those places (and their ilk) and be satisfied.
Looks to me like you're in "good" company.

Unknown said...

Hi. I'm Russ and my blog is Beer, Maine & Me. I don't think you have anything to worry about. To be honest, I didn't even know that there were ratings attached to any of the beer blogs in town. Keep up the good work and if you're interested check out www.mainebeerwriters.org we'd love to have another member.