Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Belgian Touring





In Brunswick, Maine this time. At the Lion's Pride. What a wonderful beer experience!

As research trips go, this wasn't a bad assignment. A mere 30 miles or so up the road. Anticipating an extreme Belgian beer experience, I booked a room at the Travelers Inn, a short walk from Lion's Pride.

Lion's Pride is worth the drive, the stay, and the manageable headache the next day. The Struise Pannepot alone (I'm sipping the Pannepot in a photo here that features the beautiful glass taps and knowledgeable bartender Zac) is worth the trip: strong, sour, fruity, unique, wonderful! With 35 different beers on tap the place is amazing. And I didn't get to all 35. I guess I need to go back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can't beat Brunswick Maine. Home of the Polar Bears and the bitter cold

Pete said...

And now also features a world class beer bar!

Chuck V said...

Looks like an insane beer list. A little pricey ($8 for a pint of Ruination?), but the quality front to back is incredible. I bet that Pannepot was delicious!