Thursday, February 18, 2010

Full Throttle, Baby!



The email from the Great Lost Bear stopped me in my tracks: the first Full Throttle of the season was out, and they had it at the GLB. All other plans cancelled! I hustled to the GLB and ordered one. After a momentary pause I ordered a second (risk management).

Full Throttle Double IPA from Sebago Brewing Company has been my absolute favorite locally brewed beer. How would the 2010 batch fare?

I sipped my first glass and pondered this question. 10 or 15 seconds later I continued my careful cogitation over the second glass. Midway through my third glass the verdict was in: yes, this is the beer I thought it was! A hoppy masterpiece. Beer fantasy fulfilled. While on my fourth glass however I began to have second thoughts: is the beer just a little smoother than the 2009 batch? In this case, by the way, smoother is not better.

So the final verdict is: more research is necessary.

3 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Good blog.

Jeff said...

More research is necessary? Are you applying for a grant?
And are you putting together a team? I'm a seasoned researcher.

Pete said...

Thanks, Bebedores. I really like the photo--appropriate use of the sad (empty glass) and happy faces.

Jeff- No grant but I am pulling together a research team. Let's pick a time and get back over to the GLB for more study.