Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Rising Tide Floats All Boats



Lost in the plethera of local Irish pubs, Bull Feeney's is sometimes overlooked (at least by me). Yesterday I found Novare Res closed (this despite the fact that the posted hours indicated that they should've been open--I find this annoying). It was a bit cold, I was a bit thirsty, I walked on--but only as far as Fore St., where Bull Feeney's was not only open, but serving a new and improved beer list (see photo, sorry about the glare). With my relaxed locavorian standards I strayed into the Victory Hop Devil--guilt free. A terrific beer!

The fire place was hot, the bartender (Ashley) helpful and cheerful, and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. All in all a very pleasant beer experience.

It seems that Novare Res, open or not, may have raised the local beer menu standards. I'll explore this theory at some of the other venues. But I'll definitely return to Bull Feeney's.

No comments: