Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's Challenge

I'm going to get through the day drinking only three different drinks: black coffee (0 calories); water (0 calories); and beer (rumored to contain claories). I have 2 Geary's Summer Ales, 1 HSA, and one Allagash White (750 ml bottle) at home in the 'fridge. From a quantity standpoint, that should do it. I might want more assertive taste, however, so may need to stop and add to the mix.

Three different drinks in a given day is the bare minimum, I believe. Without coffee, the day would not exist. Without water, I would be improperly hydrated and therefore unhealthy. And life without beer? Perish the thought.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm convinced those three are the only drinks necessary.
By the way, recent research has indicated that the usefulness of drinks like coffee and beer for hydration has been underestimated. Meanwhile, analysis of existing research shows that the importance of water has been exaggerated (the original language was "equivalent of 8 glasses of water.")
I surmise that in all but the most extreme conditions coffee and beer can provide all the beverage necessities of life.

Pete said...

You're right. I've been tracking this and it's not a huge challenge. It's pretty much the norm, in fact. Including polar seltzer water in the mix make it SOP. Although I did have one glass of tomato juice and on man coke over the weekend.